10.14.2009

Allman Bros & Panic


So this past weekend, we traveled to Birmingham to celebrate Ju's 24th bday, which was July 17, at the Allman Bros. and Widespread Panic concert. It was awesome!!! We had so much fun! And it was truly great to get out of Charleston, just me and ju, for a wknd.  Also, let me mention that I got the tickets in April (for an event in October) and actually managed to keep my mouth shut and not spill the secret until July.... um, yeah that's pretty amazing for me :)







The concert was Saturday night, so we left Saturday morning. Birmingham bound.... another road trip! (We love road trips :) Anywho.... we got to the hotel around 4ish on Saturday, got comfy in our room, and ordered room service. Why leave the hotel if we didn't have to?! Room service was very fast and delicious! Then we got ready to go down to the concert, which was conveniently located in the BJCC arena-which is attached to the Sheraton at BJCC. It took forever to get through the "security line" where they separate the guys and girls and then "search" you. I got through pretty quickly, however, Ju was at least 20 mins behind me :( At one point, I got a little scared b/c I couldn't find him (he was hidden in line); I had to calm myself down once I saw him--there was no need to semi-freak out at this very public place filled with lots of people. The Allman Brothers played first---they were freakin awesome! Neither of us had seen them before, so it was incredible! Then Panic played (we saw them in Atlanta for their New Year's show in 2007). And they were awesome as always!! :)
All in all, it was a really great weekend!!!
Oh yeah, I almost forgot..... the rain. This insane 40 days and 40 nights thing we have going on has pros and cons.
Pro: Since everything is wet, they can't cut beans or corn..... which equals Ju and I actually getting to spend days together :)
Con: All the rain means that they have to wait even longer to cut the beans :( and it means the damage percent is going to be higher and higher with each additional day of rain.... very bad news for all farmers.
But at least Ju and I are getting to spend more time together! I hate to be selfish, but we did just get married!! When they were cutting beans, they were working like crazy.... I mean Ju would leave the house 5:30ish to take a load of beans to the co-op or to Bunge and they would start cutting beans around lunch and wouldn't finish til at least 9 every night. It was like I wasn't seeing Ju but at bedtime :( So, even though the rain is not good, I try to put a positive spin on it and just be thankful of all the time we're getting to spend together. :)


0 comments: