10.16.2009

Happy Housewife

Desperate Happy Housewife

So, as of right now, I don't have a job--well, a paying job that is. I think people tend to underestimate the value of a housewife! I mean, it's not like I just sit at home all day watching tv! I'm working too! Here's my typical routine:


*wake up when ju does (anywhere from 5:30 to 7:30, but sometimes I allow myself to sleep in til 8:30)
*breakfast, shower and get ready, etc
*wash 1st load of clothes
*dust (yes, I dust almost every day)
*vacuum (yes, I try my best to vacuum the entire house every day (not that the house is that big :))
*straighten up house--put things where they belong, that sort of thing
*straighten up porch (Ellie thinks it's her duty to drag-every shoe that's outside, along with the flyswatter and magazine that's she has torn to shreds and her toys-all over the porch, to the side of the house, to the tree in the yard, etc etc)
*lunch while attempting to find something on tv (daytime television absolutely sucks!)
*wash next load of clothes
*clean bathroom--counters and toilet just about every day; shower every so often
*start thinking about supper--it seems as though I take a trip into town to the grocery store every couple of days :(
*now comes my tv time--around 2 or 3 (I keep things recorded on the DVR in the bedroom)
*wait for ju to get home (if he's at work)--wash another load of clothes, if needed; start cooking supper, fold all clothes, etc

So my point is... I just don't sit around and do nothing all day!  Ok, ok.. I'll get off my soapbox now!  :)

Seriously though, I am very much enjoying being married (and a happy housewife for now). It's so wonderful to be able to go to sleep and to wake up next to my husband!  I just keep thinking how blessed we are!  I am also enjoying cooking, so it's great to be able to cook Julius breakfast and have supper ready for him when he comes in--I try to wait until he's about to be home, no matter the time, to have it ready--but sometimes, if it's really late and I'm absolutely starving, I just have to go ahead.  All this cooking is a result of no job (happy housewife :).  Another thing that's wonderful is that I'm here to do whatever needs to be done. For example, thank you notes-which have been ordered, but aren't ready yet, laundry, straightening up, running to the store-either in town or to Batesville to Walmart (yes, we have to drive 20ish minutes to get to a Walmart) or to Southaven to Sam's-or to town to the bank or whatever... just any little thing that needs to be done, I have the time to do it.  I am in control.  That might be one of the main positives to me of not working... the control that you have.  When I used to work, all I could think about in every free minute I had was what I needed to be doing--at that time, it was wedding planning! I would make list after list of what I had to do when I got home or to Charleston.  Perhaps lists are another thing that helps me be in control. 

Alright, well I guess I've rambled enough for now :)  That's the thing (or perhaps beauty) with a blog... Sometimes, you don't have anything to say; other times, you can't shut up so you just ramble.  Ahh.. how there's a pro and con for everything.

0 comments: