10.08.2009

Since the wedding...

So, I realize it's been a while since I've blogged. I would like to say that I've just been sooooo busy; however, that's not quite the case. While I have been somewhat busy, I've actually just been slacking in the blog department :(

Let's see... since the wedding, I have tried (and tried and tried) to no avail to get the house organized. Ok so the majority of the house is organized and wonderful. But there is one room that is our "dumping grounds" from when I moved in and when lots of wedding presents came. I finally moved my huge piles of clothes from the guest bed to our closet, which made me go through them all first... ugh, what a task! But the result is a color coordinated, alphabetized (by color of course) closet! YES, I know that I'm a victim of OCD. Anywho, although the clothes are off the bed, the boxes are still there--consuming the entire floor of the not-so-big guest bedroom/office. So why haven't I cleaned/organized/removed the boxes?? Because I haven't hyped myself up enough to start... I feel that once I start, I will keep going until I finish--therefore, knocking out the job. But, it's just the getting started part...

Alright, enough talk about boxes and cleaning! Since the wedding, I have been a substitute teacher for the K4 class at the private school right down the road. Ju went to this school--Strider Academy (try not to laugh---when I first heard the name, I couldn't help but laugh :)--he graduated in 2003 with a class of 17, which is the largest senior class to date. Interesting. So the K4 class only have 4 children-awesome-and they are so precious! I really enjoying subbing for that class! Now, I'm not quite sure about any other age, but we shall see.....

This past Tuesday, I struck out for Starkville. Leanna had some of my things that I left in our hotel suite, plus I wanted to have dinner and drinks with her and Celia. I had a BLAST!!!! And paid for it yesterday. Let's just say that the 2 hour drive back to Charleston seemed much much longer than a mere 2 hours. Hangovers suck so bad! Why can't we just drink and have a good time with no consequences?! But the hangover was worth it! Yesterday afternoon, I took a long nap--which was perfectly acceptable since I was hungover... right? Last night was the season premiere of South Park. We are BIG South Park fans! Avid watchers who never miss a new episode (with the exception of being out of the country 2 years ago :) So, Lex, Drew, and Bailey came over and I fixed supper for us (lemon pepper tilapia, creamed potatoes-homemade of course, fried okra, and sister schubert rolls). It was delicious! After the scrumptious dinner, it was South Park time!! Wooohooo :)

So, I guess we're up to today..... Obviously nothing much has happened yet; it's still early. I'm looking forward to beautiful weather today so I can go outside and play with our babies!!! Only after I thoroughly spray myself down with bug spray. These damn mosquitoes that are the size of humming birds.... ridiculous!!!

Oh yeah, hopefully wedding pictures will be up soon!!!!! I'm eagerly waiting :))))

0 comments: